The Goyen's enclosures for hazardous locations offer reliable protection for the pilot valves of your filter cleaning system in high-risk environments. The Goyen enclosures are dust and gas explosion proof and will operate safely even in the most extreme conditions.
Pilot valves control a limited-flow control feed to a piloted valve which typically controls a high pressure or high flow feed. Often used in critical applications such as safety controls, pilot valves need protection against dirt, moist, tools and other outside influences that could have a negative impact on availability and reliability.
The Goyen’s enclosures for hazardous locations have pilot bodies, covers and enclosures manufactured from pressure die cast aluminium. They are designed to operate with compressed air manifold pressures ranging from 30 kPa (5psi]) to 860 kPa (125psi).
The Goyen’s pilot valves may generally be installed in any orientation, although it is preferable to mount the solenoid above the valve to minimize the ingress of dirt and foreign matter into the ferrule tube. They are able to operate within a wide temperature range, depending on the certification (ATEX/IECEx: −20°C to +40°C (-4°F to +104°F), CSA/UL: -25°C to +40°C (-13°F to +104°F). For reliable operation, ensure the supply voltage is no more than 15 % above or below the rated solenoid voltage.
The Goyen enclosures for hazardous locations are specifically designed for the reverse pulse jet filter cleaning of dust collectors and baghouses in locations with a high risk of dust and gas explosions. These include all variations of bag filters, cartridge filters, envelope filters, ceramic filters and sintered metal fiber filters. Their tough and reliable construction makes them perfectly suited for both noxious and environmental dust collection applications in a wide range of industries, including:
- Cement dust collection
- Mining dust collection
- Silo/bulk materials handling dust collection
- Industrial dust collection
- Power industry: protection of boilers and gas turbine intake filter systems
All Goyen products are backed by an experienced and dedicated team of engineers providing levels of technical support unmatched in the industry.
- Safety in hazardous locations: Explosion, flame and dust ignition proof
- Pressure die cast cover, pilot bodies, and enclosures
- ATEX/IECEx: -20°C to +40°C (-4°F to +104°F), CSA/UL: −25°C to +40°C (−13°F to +104°F)
- Available with anti-condensation heater and thermostat for cold climates
- Up to 12 solenoid pilots in optimized arrangement for cleaning purposes
- Compressed air manifold pressures from 30 kPa (5psi) to 860 kPa (125psi)
- IP65 rating ensures effective enclosure sealing against dirt and moisture
Product Characteristics & Coil Part Number
- CSA/UL: NEC500 Div 1, NEC505 Zone 1 and NEC506 Zone 21
- ATEX/IECEx: II Category 2G, II Category 2D
- IP Rating: IP66