The BBD6B utilises AC Coupled Triboelectric technology. As particles travel through the process they develop a charge. This charge is transferred as the particle passes or impacts the sensing element. The resulting current is amplified, filtered, rectified and further filtered looking only at the AC component, to give a linear representation of the concentration or mass flow rate of the particles in the gas stream.
The reason for measuring the AC component is that compared to the DC component the electronics are more sensitive. The AC signal is substantially less affected by influences such as amplifier noise and process parameters, which includes the build- up of process dust on the sensing rod. The BBD6B remote Active Head totally filters out any 50 Hz or 60 Hz frequencies related to mains supply. The amplified signal is then sent via data cable to Control Unit for further processing and display.
The BBD6B head is typically mounted through the wall of a duct carrying the moving particles so that the probe is exposed to the particles. The gas stream often exhausts to atmosphere (such as in a stack), but these emission monitors are equally suited to detecting particles in motion in a gas stream under other conditions, for example pneumatically-conveyed or gravity-fed particles.
Goyen’s BBD6B Broken Bag Detector is used around the world to measure particle concentrations in various outlet gases and air streams aiming to control the intactness of filter bags within the industrial dust collector and improve indoor air quality in workplaces.
The Broken Bag Detector is used in all types of industries and processes, including:
- cement production
- mining applications
- silo and conyeyor systems
- bulk goods handling
- general industrial dust collection
- improving indoor workplace air quality
- preventing harmful emissions
Dramatically reduce downtime
- When interfaced into existing plant monitoring equipment
- Optional network solutions available to integrate data when multiple measuring points are used
- A seamless interface with industry standard PLC, data logger or SCADA
Detects all particles regardless of composition
- Can monitor extremely small particles, e.g. galvanising fume (∼0.1 μm)
- Due to AC coupled technology
- Tolerates extremely high leakage of signal due to insulator bridging
- Can operate in a large range of concentrations or mass flow rates 0.01 mg/m3 to 800 mg/m3 (4 × 10−6 gr/ft3 to 0.35 gr/ft3)
- Calibration is automatic
- ATEX II 3 D&G compliant
P2-60203 : Mounting Kit G1”
P2-45200B : Active Head 200 °C
EMP6-4100 : Control Unit Full Option
BBD6-4100 : Without SD-card, 4-20mA, 0-10V
BBD6S-4100 : High Resolution, 0.2 mg/m3